Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Intention Statement

For my final project, I really want to capture and incorporate all of what I have learned about Jasper Johns throughout this whole process.  I learned that Johns used everyday objects in his art, not telling people what it is supposed to mean.  In my presentation I mentioned that I wished Johns had changed the American flag slightly, so that people had to think a little bit more about what it really meant.  I am going to use Bristol pad with gouache and recreate an American flag.  I am going to use the design of the American flag but use the colors of another country's flag on it.  I am going to add actual texture by layering the gouache so that the painting has depth and dimension to it.  Once I complete the American flag, I am going to see if the meaning I originally wanted comes through with what I have done.  If it has not, I am going to do another flag or object prevalent in every day life, such as a Starbucks cup, and change the colors again.  Once this is all said and done I think I will have captured what Johns was all about and will have put my own spin on his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment